A painfully slow Internet connection doesn’t just cause you to have to wait an extremely long time for videos to download. It could be costing your small- to medium-sized business money.
Some examples of how a slow Internet connection can impact your business’ customer service include:
- Long wait times to help customers troubleshoot problems, answer questions or provide assistance
- Processing customer or client orders can take a long time which can cause delays when a customer/client receives your company’s product
- Poor quality audio/visual connections cause frustration to customers as their calls, video conferences, or chats are dropped in the middle of conversations
- Websites timing out or being unavailable when customers wish to get information or place an order
No matter how great your company’s product is, if customers aren’t satisfied with your customer service, they will go somewhere else. If you want to keep your customers happy and essentially have them keep returning to your business, a faster Internet connection is what you need. It will give you the tools you need to provide customers with amazing customer service.
Internet Speeds Impact Employee Productivity
Businesses want their employees to be as productive as possible. However, if your business’ Internet speed is extremely slow, it could be preventing your employees from being able to do their jobs efficiently.
A slow Internet connection can influence employee productivity in the following ways:
- Prevents employees from quickly being able to communicate with each other — a slow Internet speed causes employees to have to wait to open emails and download files which can slow down employee-to-employee communication
- Videoconferencing is ineffective — slow Internet speeds can completely prevent a business from being able to video conference, which is one of the most popular ways for employees to communication with each other and even communicate with other businesses, customers and clients
- Inability to access important apps, cloud-based software, and other important programming — most businesses rely upon cloud-based software to operate. A slow Internet speed can prevent your employees from being able to not only access the cloud-based software, but also to connect to other important apps and programs that are needed to conduct essential tasks for your business
- Inability to connect multiple devices to the Internet — slower Internet speed means fewer devices can be connected to the Internet. Employees who use multiple electronics for business, such as tablets, laptops, phones, and televisions, may experience a lot of wasted time as they have to connect each device to the Internet each and every time they need to use it.
A faster Internet speed can help increase your employees’ productivity. The more productive your employees are, the more efficient your business runs, which can have a dramatic impact on how much money is made.
How to Fix Your Business’ Slow Internet Speeds
Are slow Internet speeds costing your business money? If so, the good news is it can be fixed with the help of PS LIGHTWAVE.
PS LIGHTWAVE provides high-speed, fiber internet for public and private commercial entities in the Greater Houston and surrounding areas.
Through our high-quality infrastructure, innovative technology and expert, locally based support, we deliver not only the best in connectivity and reliability but in scalability and redundancy. We invite you to learn more about our services, our history and our dedicated team.
Some of the reasons why businesses throughout the Greater Houston area choose PS LIGHTWAVE for their Internet include:
- Locally based customer service
- Personalized service to meet the unique and very specific needs of your business
- Focus on providing Internet that is consistent with both upload and download speeds
- Access to a private 5,500 route-mile network of fiber Internet
Contact PS LIGHTWAVE to discuss how we can improve your business’ Internet connection.